Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default LCD display on exercize bike troubleshooting.

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 13:55:16 -0800, Steevo wrote:

"Charlie" wrote in message
Before you get all tangled up, try a set of NEW batteries.

If you are testing with a digital meter you are putting essentially no
load on the batteries.
Where in the circuit did you access the voltage reading? If the
batteries are truly good, just probe along the connections from the
batteries to the display to find the high resistance culprit.

Charlie

I did test at the battery contacts in circuit. They are new batteries.
I could try some other new batteries but I suspect these batteries
should work.
That said I did plug in an ac adapter, 6v 2A, and it acts the same with
or without the batteries installed.

Can you insert a DC ammeter in series with the b+ line to the board and
report back as to the current draw?