Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Going through Stuff

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 14:42:00 -0800, Rich Grise
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 09:41:36 -0800, Rich Grise
Gunner Asch wrote:

So, what's the shipping from you to Whittier, CA?

**** Rich..I work all over So. Cal. Want to meet me someplace next week
and pick it up?

I'd rather you could stop by here - the address is 12143 Rivera Rd,
Whittier 90606, the company is ABI Engineering. The only wheels I have is
a bike, so if you could find it in your heart to stop by and drop it off,
that'd be great!

I'm also totally broke; I have a half-job; I sweep the floors and take
out the trash in exchange for them letting me sleep in my office.

And my computer is getting flakier and flakier by the day, so I really
need a replacement, which is hard to accomplish with no money. )-;

And, it's probably deductible! :-)

What kind of computer do you currently have? Laptop or desktop?

I have maybe something else I can bring along as well.

Are you on dialup or network?

I have a desktop (actually, a "tower", that's on the floor) that's getting
flakier and flakier - i.e., it'll run for anywhere from five minutes to an
hour or two and suddenly lock up or reboot itself. I don't have resources
to troubleshoot it by substitution - I tried swapping the two memory things,
which made no difference, so it's either the motherboard or the CPU, unless
a bum disk could kill a computer; I'd think that if it was one of the disks,
it'd just give me error messages, not die. )-;

I'm on network, i.e., I'll need an RJ45 network interface, either a card or
the one built into the motherboard.

Oh, and does it come with the setup/driver CD?

Thanks 10^6!
Rich

Ill see what I can dig you up G

Gunner

--

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
Robert A. Heinlein