Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My amazing little Snow Joe blower

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:05:39 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Dec 30, 1:55*pm, "
wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 17:50:01 +0000, (DA)
wrote:

responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...tle-Snow-Joe-b...
DA wrote:
dgk wrote:

http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/pro...?modelNo=SJ620

Just looked at the PC Richard's listing thinking maybe to get one before
it's too late but WOW: "Expected to ship from manufacturer: 01/22/11" In
four weeks? In a middle of winter? I guess, they don't stock up on snow
blowers (snow throwers?) in winter... The demand probably fluctuates so
much from winter to winter. Otherwise you'd think they'd be making those
all summer to have enough on hand for a time like this.

That's how snowblowers are made (one run, once a year). *In heavy snow years,
they sell out. *They're gone.

And what goes fastest, at least from the borgs, are the smaller
machines.

Yup.

MY HD and Lowes both have units left, but no entry level units - only
the bigger machines.

That's what I ended up with mid-season (about this time of year). They
knocked a couple of hundred off and threw in the cab, though, so the price was
close to the entry model, earlier in the season.

Lowes has one that could probably do most of my driveway in one pass!

A little exaggeration, no? ;-)