Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Name That Tool

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 06:06:01 -0800, Winston
wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
wrote in message
During fence repairs, I sometimes need to
retrieve 3-5 lb. 1"- 4" diameter chunks of
concrete out of a ~15" - 24" deep hole in the ground.

(...)

What is the name of the tool that will do this please?

Thanks!

Pole and post setting crews oftentimes will have an oshkosh spoon shovel on
their truck.

That'd work well in loamy soil, I think.
I'm in sticky adobe clay which hangs onto
the chunks, so I need something that actually
hangs on to the chunks so I can waggle them
free. 5:1 or 10:1 mechanical advantage would
really help a lot.

Roll your own spoon shovel or thumb/spoon, Winnie.

Or buy an open/heavy-duty style grabber
http://tinyurl.com/2f5fv47

--
Make the best use of what is in your power,
and take the rest as it happens.