Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's good for the fast food salesman isn't good for the air-conditioning technician.

Correction. The concern was chlorine, in the refrigerants.

Correction. Freon is a brand name of a specific brand of
refrigerants. Other brands include Isotron, and Genetron.

Correction. Refrigerants are known by numbers. In the USA,
refrigerants 11 and 12 was no longer manufactured or
imported, as of 1993, or 1994, can't remember. I think R500
and R502 were also ended, then. Other ones were phased out
later.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Molly Brown" wrote in message

"A new study shows that toxicperfluoroalkyls, which are used
in
surface protection treatments and coatings to keep grease
from leaking
through fast food wrappers, are being ingested by people
through their
food and showing up as contaminants in blood."

I thought the refrigerant FREON was banned because it
contained
Fluorine, so how come it's still being used in
Perfluoroalkyl. Is this
hypocrisy or what?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mer..._b_800297.html