Doug Miller

Default table saw wax

In article , wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:05:59 -0500, "Dave"
wrote:

What kind of wax should be used to apply to the top of the table saw,
jointer, etc?

I have been using Johnson's Paste wax for years. Pay no attention to
the rumor that this product is discontinued. Available everywhere in
the US.

Well... it's available, yes, but "everywhere" is a substantial exaggeration:
try finding it at Wal-Mart, for example, or Kroger. Good luck. Ya gotta know
where to look. Supposedly, Home Depot and Lowe's stock it in some areas of the
country, but not where I live (Indianapolis). Small hardware stores seem to be
the best places to look.