Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default bearings on the delta 14 inch bandsaw

*Perhaps rather than offering what you suggest
above, you might offer evidence of your claim.

Mike

As I wrote it was 50 years ago. I doubted my boss and he showed me
with a chrome plated part. In the morning it was dulled. Enough for me
as I expect that the difference in the thickness of the plate is
enough to trash a bearing and make more work for us by causing a
failure that would make for unplanned outages of critical equipment.
We did have a planned schedule for bearing maintenance among other
things.

I have no other evidence to offer. I simply rarely use WD40. And
certainly not anywhere I am unable to clean it out with other
procedures.

Bob AZ