Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default bearings on the delta 14 inch bandsaw

They would be sealed bearings, but the kind that have removable seals.
It is very easy to clean them and lube them.

On 12/29/2010 5:36 PM, whit3rd wrote:
On Dec 29, 11:32 am, tiredofspamnospam.nospam.com wrote:
I had tried the other day injecting my sons racing lube into the
bearings....
I'll probably go for more serviceable bearings.

The sawdust environment is NOT kind to 'more serviceable'
bearings. I wouldn't bother with any system meant for
frequent maintenance, just get more sealed bearings with
the manufacturer's lifetime grease. It'll work for you.
"High quality" grease is only a few dollars a kilo, trust the
manufacturers' selection.