Tim Mitchell

Default Sending mice on winter break!

In article , David W.E.
Roberts writes

Mecahnical means - we had a mouse in the loft for a while and tried that
humane trap - the one that balances then tips once the mouse is inside and
shuts the door. Never worked.

Talk to your local RSPCA and nature conservancy people - they may be able to
loan you a professional live trap.

I was once told that you can catch a mouse using the following idea -
tried it and much to my amazement it worked first time!

Take a small pyrex bowl and stick a blob of butter in the bottom (has to
be butter apparently, they don't like margarine. If butter fails try
chocolate spread.)
Place the bowl upside down on a board
Lift up one edge of the bowl and balance it on a 2p coin stood on its
edge.

The mouse crawls into the bowl to get at the butter, but any slight
movement of the bowl causes the 2p coin to fall over, trapping it inside
the bowl.
--
Tim Mitchell