Posted to uk.d-i-y
SS[_2_] SS[_2_] is offline

Default toilet diaphragm

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

"SS" wrote in message
I suspect the diagphram is on its way out as flushing getting less
efficient.

How do I know which size/type to purchase without dismantling the

mechanism.

When I do flush there still remains about 3 to 4 inches of water in

the
bottom of the cistern, is this normal?

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...10003Small.jpg

Ours failed about a year ago at an inoportune time (visitors & shops
shut). I cut a piece out of a polythene sow nut sack - actually I
think I made it two layers. Still working now so not re-visited it!

AWEM

Thanks to all that responded, I have a good idea now what I looking for /
doing.
I have sorted the flush volume and the diaphgram I will leave until later as
it still works.
I have 2 other toilets in house so not an issue if it fails.

Thanks agian.