Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default No mains earth supplied to my flat

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
ARWadsworth wrote:
They may not be able to supply an earth and therefore not obliged to
supply one. If they can supply an earth then it is usually free (IMHO
in England)

Do you know which reg. to quote etc? The usual way round here (South
London, old house), is a clip to the outside of the riser. And they
charge a vast amount to fit one.

No reg I am afraid. There maybe something in the ESQCR.

When I have called to have the earth terminal supplied in the past I have
never been asked for money (I now usually just do my own earth connections).
Of course they refused when the supply was TT, but they were able to tell me
over the phone it was a TT supply.

--
Adam