Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No mains earth supplied to my flat

In article
,
google wrote:
1) Is the supplier obliged to provide one? If not, how much would it
reasonable cost to pay them to install?

I dunno about Scotland, but 'they' will charge for this in London. IIRC,
about 300 quid.

2) Do I need one? My I have earth bonding to the gas and water pipes
which I guess can work as an earth. But is that safe? Does that mean
the pipes might be conducting electrical discharge and be dangerous
for anyone touching the pipes of the whole

The snag comes if and when the external bits of these pipes are changed to
plastic. Assuming they are not already. But using them as an earth hasn't
complied with regs for a long time.

--
*Therapy is expensive, poppin' bubble wrap is cheap! You choose.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.