Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Then and now (Chrysler engines)

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 21:18:46 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

After my Dodge Dart, I swore I'd nsver buy another Chrysler.
Sadly, I bought three more, after that. Wish I'd gone with
Chevrolet.

Well, they have problems also. My Blazer is in the shop as
we speak.

The '74 Dart was the only Chrysler I owned, and the slant six as
trouble-free as the Chevy 2.8 and 3.1's I've settled on lately.
Trans was good too. Car was dog slow though.
Never had all those ignition problems you guys are talking about,
and it went to the bone yard with the same starter it came with.
But the back end rusted like crazy.
Had to go when I was afraid the rear leaf spring mounts would let
loose. You didn't have to crawl underneath to see them either.
Just open the trunk and look. Trunk floor had dissolved.

--Vic