Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Slide Negative scanners?

Hey Gunner,

The threads here reminded me I needed to do a few (thousand) slides,
as they are starting to get mould. So today I bought a gadget that
was on sale at Staples for 59.92. Bar Code # 893811002642.

It's made by Innovative Technology (says " i t " in a circle on the
box ), and it's a Film & Slide Converter. Does 35MM slide, 35MM
colour roll negatives, and 35MM black & white roll negatives. Works
OK, but time consuming. Holds 4 slides at a time, and can suck the
data into its own memory, or a SD card, and then dumps either one
easily into the computer. Gonna be slow, but works well.

They had a slightly bigger and slightly more expensive one that will
scan photographs as well, but I have a flat bed that will do that
quite nicely already.

By the way, it's the KodaColour slides that are getting bad.
KodaChrome and Ektachrome seems fine so far.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX