Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Default american beer inferier?

Bryan wrote:

On Dec 26, 10:05 pm, spamtrap1888 wrote:
On Dec 26, 5:33 am, Bryan wrote:

On Dec 25, 11:01 pm, spamtrap1888 wrote:

On Dec 25, 3:38 pm, Bryan wrote:

On Dec 6, 12:00 pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

There was a short-lived low-carb beer in the late 60s,
long before low-carb became a trend. I remember
seeing the ads in New York, but I don't remember
the name.
Some states allowed the sale of 3.2% alcohol beer to
18 year olds, while you had to be 21 to buy 6%. It was
commonly referred to as 'Near beer'.

True, but that wasn't what I was referring to.

3.2 beer is not the same as near beer. Why do people blow out their
asses? Near beer has less than 0.5% alcohol.

The definition of non-intoxicating beer was changed from 0.5% alcohol
to 3.2% by Act of Congress in 1933. "Near beer" has no legal
significance. Why do people blow out their asses, indeed.

Non-intoxicating beer is not the same as near beer.

Sure, make up your own terms and criticize people when they don't
agree with your definitions. Anything to help your self-esteem.

"Near beer," indeed.

Not me. Search the web (Google) for "near beer." You're the one who
disagrees with Webster's Online Dictionary.

Since when is EVERYTHING on the internet?

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!