Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default bearings on the delta 14 inch bandsaw

My bearings were frozen up again.

Even after cleaning both did not move well.

I wound up blowing them out, I can't get the dust seal off.
These are not like some bearings that allow the dust seal to be removed.
I dumped them both in mineral spirits and they freed up, until I blew
them out. Then they were like gum again.

So I sprayed them with WD40 and am hoping for the best.

I guess I need to heat the lower one to get it off the shaft.
Can someone confirm that heating the bearing with a torch will do that.
Or is there another way?