Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default Dishwasher problem

In message
,
fido writes
Our Beko dishwasher has stopped working. It gets to the point of
draining the water, which it does ok, but the pump doesn't stop
working. Is there some sort of sensor which determines whether there
is still water in the sump? Or would the pump have a sensor? Looking
at spare parts web sites there is nothing about any sensors.

There should be a sensor which senses the level of water in the drum.
This is usually a round housing (about 3" dia) mounted near the top of
the machine. It contains a diaphragm and a microswitch. The diaphragm is
deflected by the pressure of air trapped in a plastic tube (~ 3/8"dia).
The pipe connects the sensor to the drum, via a 'spigot' at the bottom
of the drum.

In my case, I've twice had problems simply because the hole through the
spigot had become gunged-up with grot (a particular problem in hard
water areas, if you don't have a water softener). As a result, the water
could not get into the bottom end of the plastic tube, so there was no
change of air pressure in the pipe. A five-minute poke-out fixed it.
--
Ian