Posted to alt.home.repair
Erik[_5_] Erik[_5_] is offline

Default Then and now (Chrysler engines)

My dad had a 51 Dodge with a 230ci Flathead six and it was a good old
car that he bought new and drove for 11 years. I remember him selling
it after it had set for a while and it started right up when the guy
who bought it, pushed it off. I think we saw it being driven around the
county for several years afterwards. I believe Chrysler still produced
the 230 as an industrial engine for some years after the slant six was
introduced. I owned several vehicles powered by a slant six, it was one
tough motor.

TDD

I also had a 69 dart with a 225... and now wish I still had it..

Found this on the 'Slant Six':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Slant-6_engine

Erik