Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Then and now (Chrysler engines)

wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 13:52:18 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

I can only vouch for the slant 6 starter. I just changed it once. Not
worth rebuilding from what I gather. Seems like my 65 T-Bird ate
starters.

In the flavor of the original post, I wonder what a 65 T-Bird starter goes
for today .................

Steve

Being the standard (only available) 390 engine used the same starter
as the 352 and many other engines across the ford line, I'd suspect it
is still pretty reasonable. The starter for the later 429 would be a
bit pricier.
The Bird's Nest has quality reman starters for $49 for the '65
PartsTrain lists the (new) starter for the later 429 at about $126 and
about the same for a '69 Dart six.
Parts-train lists the starter for the '65 for from $32 for a rebuilt
to $89 for a brand new one.

That's surprising. Some of the ones I've heard horror stories for some
Japanese cars were almost as much as a down payment on a house.

Steve