Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default It's a Merry Christmas, remodel is at 95%

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 08:50:14 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

For any of you who doubt what I do when not writing in the newsgroup:

Kitchen remodel is 95% done. Had family and guests last night, and it was
wonderful. Coming back this morning for omelets after going Dec. 26th
shopping.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Go to page two, and see what it looked like before.

Steve

Nice. I see you got the "pot filler" you wanted.

And at a price I could afford. They were all over the map pricewise. We
made some concessions costwise, and this one came in at half the cost of the
last one in Las Vegas, about $20k. Mainly, it opened up three rooms, much
like the Vegas remodel. Now you can come in the front door, and pass a
football to the back door. So far everyone is taken aback by the floor.

I'm just glad the work is ALMOST over, and I can get on to doing some metal
covering of my shop area, some ornamental metal work (dare not say wrought
iron), concrete work, and a home for my boat out of the weather. And, oh
yes, a redo of the boat getting it ready for some spring fishing.

Just so much to be done on two acres. But, it is coming together. I think
this is the last hurrah unless we win the lottery, and even then, I'm buying
a place already built in Kauai.

Steve