Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Then and now (Chrysler engines)

On 12/27/2010 8:17 PM, notbob wrote:
On 2010-12-27, The Daring wrote:

interstate so I took off the doghouse.....

Hee hee....

I couldn take mine off and flip it into the back in about 20 secs!
I've worked on Chevy vans and owned a '91 Ford. Due to the carpeting,
the Ford took over 2 hrs to get the cover off. The Chevy left my arm
bleeding, jes changing the plugs!

took the cover off the air
cleaner and used whatever flammable aerosol spray to spray into the
carb to run the van down the shoulder of the highway until I got
to an exit and coasted to a service station where I used starting fluid
to get up the driveway to a gas pump. :-)

BTDT!! On REALLY cold mornings, used to have to use starter fluid.
The whole process, from removing cover and filter top, starting,
replacing all, took about one minute!

Thanks for the heads up on the differences. I've been looking at 90's
B* fully customized vans. All seem to go for less than $4K, in CO, no
matter how elaborate or good a shape, so good deals to be had.

I was hoping to find a B series ('99-2002) Ram with the 4.7 Powertech
engine, but they seem rare as hens teeth in the vans. I'm pretty much
beyond my old wrenching days, but can still see a EFI Powertech with
aftermarket turbo/supercharger (I live at over 8000ft elev) in my
dreams.

nb

I've gotten so darn weak from medical problems that I just don't have
the enthusiasm I once had where I would work all night in any weather
to disassemble/reassemble a vehicle. :-(

TDD