Dave Liquorice

Default Sending mice on winter break!

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:04:17 -0000, Tony Hayes wrote:

We have a family of what I think are wood mice - but maybe outdoor
loving house mice!

Wood mice are brown, house mice grey.

... probably attracted by the fact that we put wild bird food on
the wall which they can pinch..........

Even if you do shift the current residents on it won't be long before
another lot move in with a reday food supply. Stop feeding the birds
in manner such that rodents can get at it.

We can then take them for a drive and let them loose.

It is illegal to release vermin on anothers property. Having said that
we trap and release our autumn immigrants but then we can put them up
on the fells 2 miles from anyone else. We used to release at the
bottom of our paddock, a couple of hundred yards away, but I have a
feeling they where back in the house before we were!

Any advice on traps or other methods of humanely removing them?

Not a multitrap but the Rentokil humane trap works, just make sure
that they don't spend to long inside or they will gnaw their way out
through the side starting at the central air hole. Best bait is
Nutella, peanut butter is good but goes rancid in less than a week.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail