Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default O.T. Something you should maybe read.........

On Dec 27, 7:09*pm, Bubba wrote:
On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 07:24:08 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera#United_States_2

Who say news isn't censored in America?

A) Do you think this might be biased? *Al Jazeera (AJ) has its own tv
station in the DC area, 24 hours a day, and they don't even mention
that. * Yeah, your url is ignorant or very biased.

B) Even in what you cite, there is only one example of one person 9
years ago trying to censor them. *Everyone else is just criticising
it. *Don't you know the difference?

C) the longest paragraph says (my comments interspersed):

On October 12, 2008 Al Jazeera broadcast interviews with people
attending a Sarah Palin 2008 United States presidential election
rally in St. Clairsville, Ohio, with interviewees making comments
about Barack Obama such as "he regards white people as trash".

Did people at a Palin rally really say that? *Because you know it's
not true, don't you? *Either people at the Palin rally didn't say it
and Al Jazeera was staging interviews using planted interviewees, or
the people they interviewed were gullible or liars themselves. *Do you
think a responsible news organization shows fools or liars making
false statements about a candidate for president of the US? * *Not
unless the point of the story is the ignorance of the public, which
would also be an anti-US message, but I think their message was far
more anti-US.

The
report received over 2 million views on YouTube[96] and elicited
comment by Colin Powell: "Those kind of images going out on Al
Jazeera are killing us."

Don't you agree that it's bad for the US, and unfairly bad, to
broadcast lies like that about what Obama believes?

[97] Following this the Washington Post ran
an op-ed,[98] claiming the news channel was deliberately encouraging
"anti-American sentiment overseas",[98]

What would you call it? *Isn't that what they were doing? *Unless they
were so stupid as to believe what the people at the Palin rally
alleged about Obama's views on white people.

which was criticized by Al
Jazeera as "a gratuitous and uninformed shot at Al Jazeera's
motives", as the report was just one of "hundreds of hours of
diverse coverage".[97]"

Well of course AJ is going to complain. *No one, especialy a "news
network" likes to be criticized, and "hundreds of hours of
diverse coverage" is a cliche. *That's what everyone says. *How
diverse was it? *Do they quote fools telling lies about Republicans
too? *Is that what makes it diverse? *I'll bet when corporate America
or big labor, or at least one of those two, makes stupid denials, you
recognize that they are stupid, but when AJ does it, you just assume
they're telling the truth about themselves. *How much AJ have you
watched anyhow that you can tell if the criticism of them is fair or
not? *Or maybe you like it when it's anti-US, so you don't even
notice.

D) Has it occurred to you that Al Jazeera might well be an enemy of
the US? *There are plenty of enemies of the US in the Arab countries.
Why do you trust *AJ*? *Which do you think is more effective,
screaming about how evil the US is, or trying to sound fair and
balanced while choosing stories that make the US look bad, both in the
US and even more so during their broadcasts and cablecasts and
satcasts abroad? *Do you understand how propaganda works?

E) We don't know how patriotic you are. * *Maybe you don't care about
A, B, C, or D.

Well you need to watch it to find out if it's true. Have you been
watching it? (Doesn't sound like it.) Or any of the other foriegn TV
programmes? I find stuff on it about the UK that is buried away in
our news.