Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default O.T. Something you should maybe read.........

In article ,
wrote:

We shouldn't have to filter him or anybody else who
decided to use home repair as their personal O.T. venting forum.

Why not? It is a very small price to pay if you are that interested
in the on-topic posts. Other than that, you are trying to bend Usenet to
your will and, at least for 15 years I have been hanging around, that
way madness lies.

Why not? There are forums for political commentary.

There have been 70 O.T. political posts over the last six months.
Who's trying to bend Usenet to whose will?????

OT is a part of Usenet tradition, as it bitching about it and then
running off, I guess. The bottom line is this. It hasn't gone away in
the past, it isn't gonna go away now. So, you have to decide if the
wheat is worth the chaff. You can change the signal to noise ratio
considerably by just killfiling a couple of people and a subject or
three. If the forum isn't worth a little time and effort, then maybe it
is time to move on to a web-based or moderated group. Heck start your
own to have complete control. You harping about what makes you upset is
not exactly improving the S/N ratio, either ya know.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke