Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default A troubling Christmas - metal/mental related

"Andrew VK3BFA" wrote in message
On Dec 26, 6:31 am, "Steve B" wrote:
I was just sent a cell phone picture of my two grandsons, five and seven,
on
their new Christmas present, an ATV.

I am very troubled by this, having expressed my feelings on this
heretofore,
and knowing that the strong willed son-in-law would do whatever the ****
he
wanted, thank you very much for your input months ago.

Steve

Steve mate, sorry. I reckon most parents/grandparents could relate
similar tales of stupidity.
Nothing you can do about it, resist the temptation to say
"I told ya so..."

And they will, most of them anyway, grow up to be normal people. (Like
us here G)

Andrew VK3BFA.

PS - my kids did/do more stupid things than YOUR kids do....nah nah
nah nah.....

reply:

I am 62. I have seen and done a lot of extremely stupid things. But, like
an Alfred Hitchcock movie when everyone in the audience knows there's a bomb
in the briefcase under the table that's about to go off, but none of the
characters on the stage has a clue, it is stressful.

In our family, we have soooooooooooooooo many stories of full grown men
doing all sorts of stupid things with engines, gears, gasoline, ropes,
mechanical lifting, fire, chains, well, I think it's probably like that in
your family, too.

Still, it's hard to actually watch someone heading for a cliff, and be
silent. And sometimes, they stop before they get there. Or not.

I'm sure we all have at least a dozen stories of stupid mistakes and near
mistakes we survived and never told anyone.

Sad part is that death is permanent.

Steve