Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Warning Crystal Radio

Hank wrote:
On Dec 25, 11:48 am, Lil Abner wrote:
the piece of scum is trying to get you download a virus scan that is
actually virus laden.
Even just cliking on the link sets in motion

I've said this before, but I'll say it again.........

I've been messing with computers for 30 years, building, repairing,
writing programs. I have NEVER had a virus. I don't run any anti-virus
software either. I thought I had a virus once, turned out to be a bad
CD-rom.

It seems to me that most problems are NOT viruses as many think, but
the operator or a hardware problem.

Computer hard drives are not perfect, they can corrupt files, not
necessarily a virus.

I'm not saying there isn't any viral programs out there, All I'm
saying is they're not as common as one thinks. Knowing what to do and
what not to do is the real answer.

Your personal experiences can not be extrapolated to the general world. Tens
of millions of computers belong to various bot-nets, mostly unknown to their
owners. ALL thes bot-net computers were established via a virus. Millions of
other computers have in place stealth programs to harvest credit card and
other personal information.

It's a jungle out there.