Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default Warning Crystal Radio

On Dec 26, 4:38*pm, "
wrote:

I had to do that a few days ago, too. *My system allows a restore of only the
OS and applications, so all data is kept. *Even the status (last read point)
in my newsreader was kept.

I've run into occasions though where restore wouldn't run because it
said no changes had been made since the restore point I selected, even
though that point was days or weeks prior. In other words the virus
didn't trigger a change. That's why I use Acronis backup and can
restore from it if windows restore doesn't work.

And I've learned the hard way that when those virus windows pop up, I
immediately kill power to the cable modem before I hit any key on the
keyboard.