Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Ping Don Klipstein LED dimming

On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 21:31:57 +0000 (UTC), (Don Klipstein)
wrote:

One more thing: For outdoor or basement nightlighting or security
lighting, I strongly recommend that any white lights (LED or otherwise)
be of cooler color (more bluish, higher color temperature). This is
because night vision is significant in such dimmer lighting environments,
even if colors and sharp outlines are visible. A spectrum richer in
mid-green to mid-blue favors greater illumination in this case.

For indoor, basement, indoor security, and night-lights, I'd think you'd want
more of a red so you don't spoil your night vision. ...or maybe a white
photo-flash and cover *your* eyes, while the no-good gets blinded. ;-)