Larry C in Auburn, WA

Default How Immobile should a mobile base be?

My $20 Harbor Freight bases work great which I'm guessing is a similar style
as yours. Solid as can be when in the down position and moves great when in
the mobile position. It really sounds like you don't have the adjustable
pads adjusted properly or you are trying to use them to make up for an
uneven floor. I don't think the adjustable pads are really designed to make
up for a big unevenness in your floor, maybe you're expecting them to do too
much? They should be adjustable to the point that the saw rests on them
when you lift the wheel and in the air when the wheel is down. This
shouldn't be difficult to do on a relatively even floor.

--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Joe Shmoe" wrote in message
Hi all,

I bought a universal mobile base to put under my table saw and I have a
question. I put it together as per the instruction sheet and set it down
to test it, but -colour me stupid here- is the thing not supposed to be
immobile when in use? No matter where I position the levers the darn

thing
keeps on moving. It gets a little more difficult to move in certain
positions but I really wouldn't want to rip a 2x4 with the base not
absolutely firm on the ground.

I also busted a bolt while hand-tightening it. Maybe I just got a piece

of
crap?