Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathroom fan question

On 12/26/2010 9:54 AM Mark spake thus:

the other is essential to keeping mold under control. Letting the
room fill with steam over the long run will at a minimum create a
surface mold problem and potentially create a problem behind the
surface.

bull,

open the window in the summer and open the door in the winter.

I've never had bath fans, and have never had mold problems.

Humidity is a good thing to have in the house in the winter.

Bath fans are wasteful of energy and that they are now code in many
places is an example of misguided government "help".

Bull**** yourself. Just shows how ignorance goes round and round in the
world, now aided by high-speed electronic communication networks.

I installed a vent fan in a bathroom for a client this summer, and it
was sorely needed. The bathroom was starting to grow mold on the
walls--and this was in a tiny bathroom with a large window that could be
(and was) opened to let out moisture.

The Panasonic fan I installed uses very little energy; something like 65
watts for the fan. I installed it on a timer (mechanical wind-up timer),
so it will always go off automatically. Not a huge energy waster, and
performs a very useful function.

Like someone else said here, I wouldn't be too quick to quit your day
job to go into home construction.

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.