Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default O.T. Next financial bubble to burst.

On Dec 26, 6:07*pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 12:32:34 -0500, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 11:05:27 -0600, "
wrote:

*Examples of controlled price products I've purchased recently,
Festool and Electrolux.

If I wanted a rebate for not using the "free" financing on a vacuum
that was price fixed, I would have him throw in a couple boxes of
bags.

My refrigerator doesn't use bags. *Neither does my dishwasher. *;-)

We both understand there is a cost associated with free
financing.

Certainly, but it's not the same people paying. *The retailer, in the above
case, is contractually bound to the pricing. *In other cases, the interest is
being paid by the manufacturer (who doesn't see your end deal), by &bigbox
home office, or by the "bank", knowing that enough idiots won't pay on time to
make more than enough money to pay the interest for those who do. *It's the
same deal as cash-back credit cards. *I'll take their free money, too (though
not as much as I should).

If you use a card, the bank takes a cut, so if I pay cash, I should
have that.