Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Doors and Porch Lamps, Junk or not

On Dec 26, 11:10*am, Jeff Thies wrote:
* *I'm redoing my entrance way, it was built wrong and I'm doing a good
bit of work. I've redone the foundation and replaced the lower tiers of
siding with hardie plank.

* *I'm a sucker for buying discounted merchandise and my last trip to
the Borg I bought a Jeld Wen steel door with a 3/4 oval light, something
like this (but different glass) ($98, discontinued design, but energy star):

http://www.homedepot.com/Doors-Windo...s/h_d1/N-5yc1v...

* *I'll need some new porch lamps to better match and am looking at this:

http://www.homedepot.com/Lighting-Fa...-Outdoor-Wall-...

* *The Despot doesn't care whether they sell junk or not as long they
make a profit.

* *Is this stuff junk, or will it have a reasonable service life. Any
experience?

* *Jeff

I've used Jeld-Wen windows, and their product is excellent. Customer
service people are top rank as well. They are one of the major
companies in the window/door business. They're door product IMO is
likely to be quite good as well. Seems to me you got a very good buy.

Joe