Posted to alt.home.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Warning Crystal Radio

Bob-tx wrote:

"aemeijers" wrote in message
On Dec 25, 4:18 pm, "Colbyt" wrote:
"Lil Abner" wrote in message
snip

Careful using Google image search as well- I was looking for
tomorrows's BestBuy flyer, and a promising link tried the old 'your
computer is infected' scam on me. Had to dump the browser session to
escape unharmed, but how many casual web surfers know how to do that?

--
aem sends...

It happened to me yesterday. Clicked on a newsgroup item under 'writing'.
I was trying to find a group of authors. Anyway, I immediately started
getting interrupted by messages to download a virus killer, and they would
pop up every few minutes.

I ran Malware, which found the virus and removed it, but now I can't get on
with IE. Keep getting message that the connection failed. I haven't
thought of what I need to do to get out of this problem. I can use NGs &
email fine.

You said you had to dump the browser session. Do you mean you just exited
the browser? I am not familiar with your terminology of 'dump'.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks, Bob-tx

Anytime you have a annoying popup, ctrl/alt/del and kill the browser.
Dont click on OK/Yes/NO or "close window" , because that is often enough
to install malware.