BRuce

Default !/2" vs 3/4" Band saw blade

yes, I also have the aftermarket spring and the detensioner (lot easier
than remembering to crank it out 10 turns every night.

BRuce

Kevin B wrote:

Ron,

I recently ordered blades from Suffolk Machinery for my 1HP/14" Jet with
riser block. They said the 3/4 inch blade would be OK for re-sawing. I also
have an aftermarket tensioning spring, Carter Cobra Coil, that I got at
Woodcraft.

I have re-sawn 4/4 8 inch white oak with no drift using the 3/4 inch 3 tpi.
Makes me happy. I also use a 1/2 inch 10 tpi blade for general ripping and a
3/8 10tpi blade for cutting curves. I'm very pleased with the 3 Suffolk
Machinery blades that were recommended to me by their support folks (about
55 bucks incl. shipping). I also like my Jet very much and am glad I
purchased it. My only complaint about the Jet was a little bit of vibration,
and that disappeared when I changed the stock belt to a nylon link belt.

I would strongly recommend the aftermarket bandsaw improvements. Along with
the Timberwolf blades, they can make a decent saw into a very good saw.

Regards,

Kevin B

"Ron Stitt" wrote in message
s.com...

I have a Grizzly 14" bandsaw with the riser block. I purchased a

TimberWolf

3/4" wide bs blade for resawing. It seems most of the people on this group
talk about 1/2" width for resawing? Did I make a booboo? Do I need a 1/2"
wide blade instead?

Thanks Ron

--
---