Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT WSJ -- Does the estate tax hurt farmers and family businesses?

On Dec 25, 11:38*pm, Hawke wrote:

Man! I don't believe in you people. You're like a bunch of scalded dogs.
Yap, yap, yap, is all I hear all the time about how great America is.
Greatest country in the world. Greatest country of all time. Best
people, most exceptional people in the world. Then I hear all this ****
and it amazes me.

The Chinese don't seem to be that worried about America. They're putting
billions to work here. Neither do all the investors all over the world
who are buying stock in American companies, which happen to be making
money hand over fist. The stock market is way up, business profits are
way up, the rich are spending like crazy, and even unemployment is
slowly declining. And you people sound like you have no confidence in
America at all. Oh, woe is me. What am I to do? I only live in America
and it's so bad here. If you want to know what to do look at what the
rich are doing. They are spending and investing here. The outlook for
next year is good. As they say in investing the experts are bullish.
They see a good 2011. Too bad all you folks think otherwise. Of course,
the masses are always missing the boat.

Hawke

So tell us where you are investing. DId you invest in California real
estate when everyone was so bullish? Or did you have a little
caution. I am bullish on stocks, but think it is worthwhile to try to
imagine what will be a good investment if there is a real depression.

Dan