Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathroom fan question

On Dec 26, 1:38*am, Molly Brown wrote:
On Dec 25, 10:00*pm, "benick" wrote:

We just did a complete gut renovation of our bathroom and we installed a
fan/light combo unit in the ceiling...The bathroom didn't have one
before..The plastic duct goes up thru a foot of insulation into unheated
attic and over 6 feet to the outside wall to a soffit vent..Now that is just
above zero I get a few drops of water dripping from the fan after a
shower..Is this normal and if not what did I do wrong ?? Thanks...

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ulated+flexibl....

What you did wrong was to run the vent pipe uninsulated through the
cold attic. Normally the pipe is below the insulation. I'd re-route
it as necessary so that it's on top of the existing insulation, then
add more insulation on top. Or as suggested use an insulated vent
pipe.