Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Radio won't stop playing Christmas music

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 22:22:45 -0800 (PST), Jimmy
wrote:

When I turn the radio on, I hear several stations at once if it's
switched to FM. It works reasonably well on AM.

It's not coming from the radio. It's coming from the fillings in your
teeth.
http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/fillings.asp
To make an FM ratio detector or discriminator, you need two diodes and
therefore two fillings, probably on each side of your mouth. If
you've had recent dental work, this is a possibility. Try gargling
with something alkaline and see if the music goes away.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D