Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathroom fan question

?
"benick" wrote in message
. ..
We just did a complete gut renovation of our bathroom and we installed a
fan/light combo unit in the ceiling...The bathroom didn't have one
before..The plastic duct goes up thru a foot of insulation into unheated
attic and over 6 feet to the outside wall to a soffit vent..Now that is
just above zero I get a few drops of water dripping from the fan after a
shower..Is this normal and if not what did I do wrong ?? Thanks...

Given the cold temperature, it is condensing before the vent can carry out
the moisture laden air. You can probably benefit by insulating the vent
pipe a bit further or by leaving the bathroom door open a bit to vent some
of that moisture into the rest of the house.