Posted to alt.home.repair
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default Loose refrigerator door handle

Try this:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ge+side+by+side...+handles+loose

Also, here's one answer from the search:
Customer Question

My GE

side-by-side refrigerator door handle is loose. Is this easy to fix and if
so how do I fix it?

Submitted: 471 days and 8 hours ago.

Category: Appliance

Optional Information

Make: ge side - by -side
Model: tfs26pppdbs

Accepted Answer

with a small flat blade screw driver stick between the handle and the door
trim on top and push it up and on the bottom push it down and you can access
the screws in the handles and tighten / thanks Larry

"bob" wrote in message
eb.com...
"RogerT" wrote in message
What is the Model number of the refrigerator?

It's a GE model 20-27. I found very little info on the web. I added photos
of the user manual cover.
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/15181940_VjwbY

I think that you may be able to access the screws fro the inside under
the magnetic strip that holds the door closed.

You may be right; the magnetic strip is inside the door opposite the door
handle. Now the question becomes, how do I remove the magnetic strip? It
looks glued on. If I pull it off, it may be torn. Plus, what glue would I
use to glue it back, and how can I glue it back so square and straight?

But if you go to the GE website and do a search for the model number, of
just do a Google search for the model number, I'd bet that you'll see an
exploded view parts manual that shows how the door handles are connected.

Searching for 20-27 on GE's website returned nothing relevant.