Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Warning Crystal Radio

?
"bpuharic" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 23:37:31 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

?
"David Nebenzahl" wrote

Careful using Google image search as well- I was looking for
tomorrows's BestBuy flyer, and a promising link tried the old 'your
computer is infected' scam on me. Had to dump the browser session to
escape unharmed, but how many casual web surfers know how to do that?

You mean you actually clicked on the link?

Otherwise, why would you need to "dump the browser session"? No click,
no
harm.

You've evidently not run across this yet. You click on what looks to be a
credible link and this thing pops up and there is no way out that I've
found. I'm not sure that it is really doing anything, or just putting
things on the screen, but it is something you'd want to avoid.

alt-f4? does that work?

That would close the browser so, it probably would work.