Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers[_2_] aemeijers[_2_] is offline

Default Warning Crystal Radio

On Dec 25, 8:01*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 12/25/2010 5:43 PM aemeijers spake thus:

On Dec 25, 4:18 pm, "Colbyt" wrote:

"Lil Abner" wrote in message

the piece of scum is trying to get you download a virus scan that
is actually virus laden. Even just cliking on the link sets in
motion

A response like this deserves a bump though most of us do recognize
the off topic post are frequently just as you describe this one.

Careful using Google image search as well- I was looking for
tomorrows's BestBuy flyer, and a promising link tried the old 'your
computer is infected' scam on me. Had to dump the browser session to
escape unharmed, but how many casual web surfers know how to do that?

You mean you actually clicked on the link?

Otherwise, why would you need to "dump the browser session"? No click,
no harm.

* *To me, the *plonk...* reminds me of the old man at the public hearing
* *who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
* *that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.- Hide quoted text -

No, I clicked on the miniature picture on the Google screen- which
didn't use to take you straight to the page it came from. It used to
just show the harvested .jpg, with an additional button to jump to the
web page. Mebbe they had executable code attached to the picture- the
PCTools protection suite I have on here is usually rather good about
blocking bad websites.
--
aem sends...