Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 'Obama likely to serve two terms'

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 11:20:44 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

"
"Prior to 14 November 1986, the physical presence requirement in this
case was ten years (instead of five) -- including five years (instead of
two) spent after the parent's 14th birthday. The requirement was reduced
in 1986, but the change did not retroactively make US citizenship
available to people born previously who did not meet the old
requirement. (Congress's intent not to make this change retroactive was
affirmed in 1988 with the passage of Public Law 100-525, ยง 8(d), 102
Stat. 2619). " same source as above

--- So, when Obama was born in 1961, in order for him to be born a US
citizen his mom would have had to be 19yrs at his birth (14yrs plus the
five years required to be old enough to pass on citizenship at birth).
Thus, he would have naturalized his citizenship, making him not natural
born. I believe it was Ted Kennedy who sponsored the law change that
reduced these requirements, but for some reason it was not put in there
to cover those before the law went into effect, including Obama.

Gunner

I'm not sure I understand your logic.
His mother was an american citizen. She was a citizen before she was
14. If she lived in the USA previous to her 14th birthday, those years
would count towards her 5 years. Where does it specify she must be any
specific age to pass on citizenship?

IF he was born outside of the USA or it's protectorates of a minor US
citizen, perhaps there might be the possibility of an issue - but the
evidence points quite strongly to his birth having occurred in Hawaii.
Is there any record of Stanley Anne Dunham having lived outside the
USA before her 19th birthday? Particularly in Kenya????
She became pregnant with Barak while a student at the U of H, while
Barak Sr was also a student there.

This whole question of his natural born American status is just a
bunch of hogwash.

Top 10 Democrat Party Slogans

10. Bitterly clinging to aborton and taxes
9. We didnt destroy your freedoms, you can
visit them at the Smithstonian
8. If you want us to listen to your opinion, move to Europ
7. Someday none of this will be yours
6. We can't tax terrorism, so who cares?
5. Please don't vote us out!! None of us can hold a real job!
4. Why the Founding Fathers limited Government:
Racism!
3. Reducing America's carbon footprint, one job at a time.
2. America: We just cant wait to see how it ends!!
1. Making everything in this country free, except you.