Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tabby Tabby is offline

Default Earth leakage

On Dec 25, 7:13*pm, John Williamson
wrote:
Bill wrote:
In message
,
Tabby writes

I think I know what I'm doing next week!

disconnecting the earth & shorting the RCD?

Strangely enough I did consider this, just to get the element hot in the
hope it may remove the moisture that has probably built up. *The oven is
about 15 years old, was used regularly for about 5 years and now only
once or twice every couple of years.

A new element is 35:00 *so not dramatically expensive, would heating it
be a fix or just a temporary bodge or just a waste of time?

A dangerous waste of time. If warming the room above the dew point for a
few hours doesn't work, the moisture's inside the element or in the
switchgear, which means it's shot and in a dangerous condition.

as long as you keep the oven earthed its not dangeorus in the least.

NT