Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What's a reasonable number of times to be asked to give a jump start?

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 02:56:04 -0800 (PST), Matty F wrote:

I have successfully swapped the battery without losing the voltage to
the car.

And me, used a small 12v SLA battery, plugged into lighter socket via
a fused lead. You probably have to put the ignition switch into the
"aux" position to get power to the lighter socket and thus a circuit
to power the car when the main battery is disconnected. Don't turn to
"run" or "start"... (that's why I used a fused lead).

--
Cheers
Dave.