Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Meet the ShotLock

Steve Barker wrote:

On 12/25/2010 6:22 AM, HeyBub wrote:
It's a gizmo for securing a shotgun that opens with the right touch on the
keypad.

Home page
http://www.shotlock.com/Default.asp

Examples
http://www.shotlock.com/Default.asp

What the page DOESN'T illustrate is the apparatus can be mounted on the wall
behind your front door or in a vehicle!

And, of course, the invention does not comply with California rules on
securing weapons, I suppose because one can still SEE the shotgun, thereby
exposing the innocent to not only indoctrination but the harmful emissions
radiating from a firearm.

"Opens in seconds". I got news for ya. You can be dead in less than
"seconds".. Mine stands ready next to the bed, loaded, chambered, and
safety on. The safety can be off before my right hand is on the gun.

My 9 sits in one of those electronic safes net to the bed, however it is
open at all times when I am home (no kids around). The safe is used to
secure the gun when I am away if I'm not carrying it.