Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default individual impact sockets

fired this volley in
:

I wonder where folks have gone to buy single sockets. Sears is
rather $$ and HD does not seem to have anything but sets, like

Most NAPA stores now have a "catch bucket" of sockets for impulse buyers.
They're not cheaper than their shelf counterparts, but they're extras,
fall-offs from sets they couldn't match up, etc.

You gets what you finds, but often there's a little of everything in the
"wallet buster bin".

But the Balkamp/NAPA individual sockets aren't terribly expensive. I
bought a 2-1/16" x 3/4"-drive socket for the caster nuts on my mower, and
I think I remember it being less than $30 including a 3/4" to 1/2"
adapter *because I don't have any 3/4" breaker bars G*.

LLoyd