Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Atheists cause trouble over 11-million-dollar Christmas treeinAbuDhabi :)

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 18:11:44 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

snip

Errr, I hope you understood what I meant, not what I typed! There have
been
incidences of identical twins where 1 is a homosexual and the other is
not,
these prove it isn't purely genetic, if it was, both would be heterosexual
or both would be homosexual.

RogerN

No..it would not mean that at all.

Gunner

Well, I've been wrong before, but it seems if there is a "gay gene" and two
people had identical genetics, they would both have the "gay gene" and
should be both gay unless there was more to it than just genetics.

But to put this another way, let's say you and I had a same make,model, and
condition of rifle, identical scopes, everything. Suppose you get sub 1"
groups at 100 yards and I can't get better than 3" groups at 100 yards, and
can't figure out what's wrong. So, for an experiment we trade rifles and
you shoot sub 1" groups with my rifle there in California and my groups are
3" with your rifle here in Illinois. The conclusion is obvious, that model
rifle doesn't shoot straight in Illinois! :-) Would it be possible that
the problem wasn't in the rifle but perhaps the person operating the rifle
might be at fault? Likewise, if two people had identical genetics, one was
homosexual, the other wasn't, would it be possible that part of the cause
was the individual person?

RogerN