Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default insulating draughty cavity under ground floor boards?

Tim Watts wrote:
He hasn't got even a couple of hundred.

And the estate agent was dubious as to whether even so, it would
increase the house value.

I guess that brings it back to - do it if *you* want to and stop
thinking about estate agents

In his case it was simple cost benefit. He's been ill for years and cant
do full time work. Wife works in estate agents, retirement looms, kids
gone, so everything is 'what is the least amount of money I can spend
using my spare time to maximise the nest egg'

Cost benefit of underfloor insulation was negative, on best advice.

In terms of resale value.

We all agree in terms of heating bills and comfort its a winner all the way.