Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default What's a reasonable number of times to be asked to give a jumpstart?

On 25/12/10 07:10, Gib Bogle wrote:
On 24/12/2010 1:51 p.m., george [dicegeorge] wrote:
On 23/12/10 23:39, Adrian C wrote:
On 23/12/2010 22:01, ARWadsworth wrote:
As per the header. The neighbour has got a knackered car battery but
he is
too nervous to just buy and fit a new one (he wants a main dealer to
swap
it!).

Probably it's either

1) he's worried the anti-theft radio will lose it's marbles and he

.
As car electronics gets cleverer and cleverer
disconnecting the battery to swap it for a new one may break more
things than
the radio.

[g]

Yeah, somehow that doesn't seems very clever to me.

Makes you wonder if the morons have discovered the joys of E2 or flash
non volatile memory...

The bit about BMW being "clever" re having a new battery for the benefit
of the charging circuit is the only valid one I can see - but BMW have
been trying to stiff non BMW servicing since at least the later 80's.

--
Tim Watts