Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Radio won't stop playing Christmas music

On 12/24/2010 10:22 PM Jimmy spake thus:

My 15-year-old Sony clock radio won't stop playing Christmas music,
even when it's switched off!

I didn't see anything out of the ordinary inside. There was a very
small copper coil, with just 4 loops, which was coated in wax. One of
the loops looked bent out of place, but bending it back didn't help.

Just to clear up that one mystery, that wax-coated coil thingy is a
"loopstick antenna", basically just a bunch of wire wound around a
ferrite core. It's only used for AM, not FM.

Maybe it's a conspiracy.

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.